Why A Dietitian and not a Nutritionist?
Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems at an individual and wider public-health level. They work with both healthy and sick people. Uniquely, dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Dietitians are the only nutrition professionals to be regulated by law, and are governed by an ethical code to ensure that they always work to the highest standard. Only those registered with the statutory regulator, the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) can use the title of ‘dietitian’.
Chetali is currently practicing as a consultant dietitian in chronic diseases management, which includes conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, irritable bowel syndrome and weight management. She has developed weight management programmes for adults, adolescents and their families; these programmes have been highly successful and are currently running throughout central London.
Chetali is a HCPC registered dietitian and a full member of British Dietetic Association. She has 12 years of experience in dietetics. She has special interest in Gastroenterological issues and Weight management, as food interaction in gut always fascinates her.
Chetali can help to improve your health and lifestyle. Below are few examples of how she can help! You will get a bespoke diet for your clinical condition and to fit in your lifestyle.
How a Dietitian can help you
• you suffer with digestive problems-IBS, IBD, Diarrhoea and Constipation
• you have been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, coeliac, HIV etc
• you are wanting or needing to lose weight in a safe and sensible way
• you want to improve your athletic performance or general fitness levels
• you think you have an allergy or intolerance to a certain food
• you have oral, enteral or parenteral nutrition requirements
• you are considering surgery to lose weight or need advice on post surgery.
• your child, or looked after child, has specialised nutritional requirements
• you need to put weight on following a spell of ill-health or as the result of a medical condition
• you want advice about breastfeeding and weaning
• you want to maximise your chances to become pregnant
• you would like advice about eating disorders
• you are a carer and want credible and practical advice to ensure the person/s you are caring for is/are getting the appropriate nutrition in their diet/s.
• Food Allergy test can be arranged so if you would like one then speak to her about it.
Chetali is registered with most private health insurance companies so if you have private health insurance then speak to us about it. Please obtain an authorisation number from your insurer as this will speed up to arrange an appointment and for settlement of the fees.
Initial consultation fees- £80
Follow up- £60
To arrange a consultation please call us on 01923 842 884